Explore the exciting and challenging world of sports coaching, and study the science associated with coaching individuals and teams. On our course you’ll study and experience sport coaching and learn the science behind sports performance and physical activity. You'll develop strong analytical and research skills and gain plenty of hands-on experience in our dedicated labs. During the course, you'll have a ‘consultancy’ and ‘research’ informed experience whereby you'll participate activities linked to our consultancy unit, the SportsLab, which provides scientific services for sports people. Throughout the degree you'll develop transferable skills and build in confidence and ability so by the time you graduate you're fully prepared to follow your career aspirations. Top reasons to study with us
- You’ll benefit from our joint specialist facility, Polo Farm Sports Club. Just a short distance from the Canterbury Campus, the facilities include three floodlit hockey pitches, an indoor tennis centre, outdoor tennis courts and a spacious sports hall, specialising in netball, hockey and cricket.
- We have been offering sport and exercise science courses for over 35 years, making us one of the longest standing providers of sports courses in the UK.
- You'll be taught by a passionate, research active team of academics and be supported by specialist technical staff.
- Our multi-million-pound Sports Centre has the latest fitness equipment and offers gym and recreational sport memberships, a full range of fitness classes, and a personal training service.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work within our consultancy unit, SportsLab, using your expertise to help athletes improve their performance.
- 100% of our Sport Coaching Science students were in jobs or further study 15 months after finishing their course. Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022
For a list of core and likely optional modules, please visit our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Canterbury Christ Church University
North Holmes Road
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry Form
Clearing Enquiry Service
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Team