Overview Our Medical Sciences degree is primarily designed as a route into Medicine for students who wish to become medical doctors. Over three years you'll gain a science degree with a clinical focus. In the first two years you'll develop essential foundations in areas such as cell biology, pharmacology, human anatomy and disease prevention. In the third year there's an emphasis on public health and disease prevention diagnosis and treatment. At Worcester we focus on medical sciences career development throughout the course. Staff from both scientific and clinical fields support you to develop key transferable skills, whilst enhancing your understanding of the healthcare industry. Preparing you for a range of career options and in particular for progression to graduate entry Medicine, either at our Three Counties Medical School or elsewhere. Key features
- Excellent preparation for progression to professional healthcare programmes, in particular graduate entry Medicine
- You'll gain knowledge and practical experience of the science behind medicine in the context of current research. Such as an understanding of human health and the causes, prevention and treatment of disease
- New laboratories and specialist equipment - an inspiring environment for you to gain practical skills and to develop research ideas
- In Year 2 you'll take a module to prepare you for the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT)
- Taught by internationally recognised scientists
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.