This programme provides an opportunity for you to develop specialist knowledge of fashion buying and merchandising from a managerial perspective and the skills required to thrive successfully within this fast-paced, competitive, global industry. To achieve this, the course takes a vocational approach with a strong academic underpinning, whilst encouraging creativity. Industry-related briefs, supported by local and international fashion businesses, will expose students to live situations where they will make real-world decisions and learn to communicate effectively at all levels and across language barriers. Fundamental to the programme is the development of professional, managerial and personal abilities, such as commercial awareness, financial analysis, negotiation and relationship management, all essential to success in international business. The balance between academic underpinning and vocational partnerships facilitates the development of research and analytical skills, providing a deep understanding of technology, sustainability, ethics, finance, future markets, profit margins, pricing, sales strategies, and turnover. The MSc Fashion Buying and Merchandising Management will equip graduates with a range of key skills required to help evolve the fashion industry to become more ethically conscious, socially progressive and environmentally sustainable. Features and benefits;
- Flexibility - Select from a range of specialist optional units in Term 2, including entrepreneurship, product development and industrial experience, to tailor your studies to your interests and career aspirations.
- Fashion Community - An international and culturally diverse city, Manchester hosts global brands in addition to a flourishing independent fashion economy and creative industries.
- Expertise - Our staff are researchers and industry specialists, covering the breadth of the fashion world from design, supply chain and production to marketing, merchandising and management.
- The Future of Fashion - Students will be equipped with the essential knowledge and key skills needed to help evolve the fashion industry to become more environmentally sustainable, socially progressive and ethically conscious.
- Industry Links - We are connected with over 400 industry partners, from ASOS and Boohoo to Alexander McQueen and the British Fashion Council, ensuring our programmes are shaped to meet the needs of an ever-changing sector through live projects, external visits and networking opportunities.
A minimum of 2:2 Honours degree is required. Equivalent EU/international qualifications are also accepted. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 6969