This course will offer you an exciting opportunity to progress into the construction industry as a design specialist, with a technical understanding of how buildings can be constructed to the highest standards. You will build the knowledge and skills to enable you to take an architectural concept and develop it into a sustainable construction solution. On completing this course you will be able to progress to work in multi-disciplined working environments as a key member of the project team, bridging both design and construction specialisms. Becoming a design and construction professional offers a multitude of career options moving forward, with a huge range of options in terms of the industry sector and type of project you would like to be involved in. This degree will put you in a strong position to start and progress with this type of career pathway. The teaching team work closely with industry and have developed the course to reflect the demands of the construction sector, and the key opportunities that exist for graduates. The course is delivered through on-site experience of construction, real-life case studies, and opportunities for field trips and masterclasses from industry leaders and innovators. The course aligns with the education framework of the main accrediting bodies, the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) and the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT). Why choose this course?
- The focus is on practical, on-site experience and typically involves field trips to different projects
- You benefit from guest speaker sessions from leading design and construction professionals, including our own alumni
- Our academics are at the cutting edge of research in the field which they feed into the course, including the latest approaches, technologies and materials
- This design-orientated degree gives you a much sought-after skillset, bridging design and construction specialisms.
- You graduate industry-ready, able to play a key role on a project team in the rapidly expanding construction sector
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|