This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School. Fewer than 5% of Business Schools worldwide are accredited by the AACSB, and this accolade recognises our focus on excellence in all areas of learning, teaching, assessment, and the student experience. Why study BA (Hons) Business & Management at BU?
- Flexibility to achieve your ambitions – start with a strong foundation in business and management in your first year, then tailor your learning (depending on what your interests are) with a specialist pathway*
- Opportunities to study abroad in your second year at one of BU’s international partner institutions in Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Turkey or the United States
- Study a diverse subject that provides a stepping stone to work in any industry, anywhere in the world
- Complete an optional 30-week placement, giving you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Study at a university with over 35 years of teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation
- Within fifteen months of graduating, 95% of students on our Business & Management courses are in employment or further study.
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Economics)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Entrepreneurship)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Finance)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Global Operations)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (HRM)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Marketing)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Project Management)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Retail Management)
- BA (Hons) International Business & Management.
This course offers the following subject options:
- Business and Management (Entrepreneurship)
- Business and Management (Global Operations)
- Business and Management (HRM)
- Business and Management (Marketing)
- Business and Management (Project Management)
- Business and Management (Retail Management)
You will study a range of subject areas including management competencies, accounting; organisational behaviour & responsible management, marketing, economics, recruiting, selecting & training and strategic management. In your final year you can choose to specialise in a certain area of business on one of our pathways.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|