Develop the skills all modern mechanical engineers need on this mechanical engineering degree. A city of technology that’s home to Rolls-Royce, Bombardier and Toyota: Derby is the perfect choice. Our foundation year offers the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence – with extensive support from our expert staff – before you advance to stage one of your honours degree. It could also be beneficial if you are planning a career change and want to get to grips with aspects of subjects which are new to you. KEY FEATURES OF THIS COURSE
- RANKINGS: Our Mechanical Engineering subject area is ranked in the Top 10 for satisfaction with teaching (Guardian University Guide 2024).
- EMPLOYER LINKS: You'll benefit from our close links with world-famous companies likes Rolls-Royce, Alstom and Toyota.
- ACCREDITATION: Our BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree is professionally accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council – this recognition means you can be sure our courses meet professional standards
- FACILITIES: You'll have access to excellent labs and facilities whilst studying this degree. Spaces include our Additive Manufacturing Lab with various 3D printed technology, Wind tunnel and Thermodynamics area that includes a jet engine and test engine, and our Mechanical Workshop with both traditional lathes and milling machines, alongside more modern CNC equipment
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Challenge yourself on one of the many competitions we take part in. In the British Model Flying Association Payload Challenge, you will design, build, test and compete a radio-controlled aircraft against other national and international teams
- PLACEMENT YEAR: Gain valuable experience in industry by taking an optional placement year between years two and three.
- FLEXIBILITY: Not sure on the type of engineering you want to study? Spend the foundation year and year one of the degree covering all aspects of engineering and gain the multi-disciplinary skills and knowledge that employers are looking for. In year two, you have the option to switch your degree to either BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering or BEng (Hons) Motorsport Engineering or continue studying on BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|