Degree level: Undergraduate
Awarded by: Pearson Education Ltd


There are other course options available which may have a different vacancy status or entry requirements – view the full list of options

Make sure you check on the university, college or conservatoire website for any updates about course changes as a result of COVID-19.

Course summary

This course is for those who wish to pursue a career in, a wide range of business areas such as Marketing, HR or Finance etc. Besides being a stand-alone qualification this course is also for those students who wish to progress to the 2nd year of a university degree course or complete the HND component of a higher national qualification.

Course details


These subjects will help students develop a broad knowledge and awareness of the key aspects of the business sector at Level 4, through six core units (mandatory), which includes one Pearson set unit. Units: Business and the business environment (Assignment based) Marketing essentials (Assignment based) Human resource management (Assignment based) Management and operations (Assignment based) Management accounting (Assignment based) Managing a successful business project (Pearson Set assignment) Business law (Assignment based) Entrepreneurship and small business management. (Assignment based). Study Methods The HNC has 1,200 hours of Total qualification time. This is an estimate of the total time it could reasonably be expected for a learner to achieve a qualification. 40% or 480 hours of the allocated time (TQT) is spent at college in lectures and workshops. This is 15 hours per week, with half spent in lectures (taught lessons) and half in workshops. (Opportunities for research with lecturer support. The remaining 60% or 720 hours will be spent completing independent study. For example, completing assignment, working at home or in the Learning Resources Centre.

Assessment method

The HNC is 100% coursework with 1 Pearson Set unit (12.5%). This unit is a research project that will include timetabled sessions 50% and independent study 50%. The theme of the project is provided by Pearson and limited guidance and feedback will be provided throughout the duration of the project. The project must be completed by February and is an open book non exam unit.

How to apply

Application deadlines

If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:

15 January

*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!

Application codes

You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.

Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.

Points of entry

The following entry points are available for this course:

  • Year 1

International applicants

For more information, see our web page link here; https://www.uxbridgecollege.ac.uk/college-information/international.html

Entry requirements

Qualification requirements

QualificationOfferFurther information
UCAS Tariff 96 points Business related subjects required from a related full Level 3 qualification such as A-Level, BTEC or Access to Higher Education
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) MMM
GCSE/National 4/National 5 English language and Maths at grade A*- C (grade 9 - 4) International students require an IELTS score of 5.5.

Mature students with relevant work experience and/or professional qualifications are also welcome to apply.

Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course


Additional entry requirements


English language requirements

TestGradeAdditional details
IELTS (Academic)6For international students:- We accept IELTS for UKVI with an overall score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each band. Please note we cannot accept IELTS results that are not IELTS for UKVI tests.

Fees and funding

Tuition fees

EU £5615* Year 1
England £5615* Year 1
Northern Ireland £5615* Year 1
Scotland £5615* Year 1
Wales £5615* Year 1
Channel Islands £5615* Year 1
International £7021* Year 1

*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.

Additional fee information

The fees quoted are for home and overseas students for one year of study and include tuition, exam fee, materials, ID card (which gives access to the college and facilities e.g. library) and college registration.
Business at HCUC - UCAS