Gain the modern tools and techniques you need to manage 21st century engineering and manufacturing organisations. Our MSc Strategic Engineering Management will equip you to make a significant contribution to a company’s performance and productivity.
- Prepare for management and leadership roles, especially in the engineering, manufacturing and supply chain fields
- Tailor your studies to match your needs, whether you are an experienced engineering professional looking to move into management or a recent graduate exploring your career options
- Draw on our close links with local industries and professional bodies which ensure our teaching is both contemporary and relevant
- Keep up to date with latest thinking in areas ranging from advanced manufacturing technologies and computer simulation to enterprise resource planning and supply chain management
- Benefit from a variety of teaching methods which give you the flexibility to study at a time and place most suitable for you
Core and optional modules: research methods: application and evaluation; operations and supply chain management; advanced manufacturing engineering; enterprise systems and project management; negotiated module: solving engineering management problems; continuing professional development and strategic management; driving change through business excellence; manufacturing systems optimisation and simulation; independent scholarship.
Assessment involves a mix of exams and coursework, both individually and as a group. A dissertation completes the course.
You will normally need an appropriate engineering or science undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification or significant industrial and professional experience. If English is not your first language, you will also need an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.