This is a route to an Animal Science Honours Degree. It is aimed at those who already possess a Foundation Degree, HND or equivalent in Animal Management or a related area.
- The course offers a scientific approach to the management of animals. It fosters the use of scientific inquiry and business principles to solve problems faced in a vocational context.
- Practical use of animal and laboratory resources will be integral to the delivery of learning, with study trips to external agents providing enhanced learning opportunities.
- You will have access to the animal collection at Shuttleworth College giving hands on experience with an impressive collection of a diverse range of companion, farm, exotic and equestrian animals.
- The course is delivered by using various learning methods including formal lectures, practical laboratory sessions and IT laboratory sessions combined with a number of opportunities for supported independent-study.
- A number of guest speakers are used throughout the course to deliver lectures and seminars to the learners. These speakers will be academics or industry professionals who are current practitioners or leading researchers, to ensure the course content is rooted in today's best practice and science
- The mixture of applied science, practical management and business content uniquely places you in the advantageous position of working hands on with animals in both technical and management roles. The wide range of related subjects covered gives a broad base from which to find appropriate careers.
- Module delivery is sensitive to the legal and ethical context of the animal industry. Therefore, the course provides an understanding of these complex issues.
Elements of the course include: • Managing animal collections • Scientific theory of animals • Interaction of animals and environment • Animal physiology and disease
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Shuttleworth College (part of Bedford College)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
You must have a Foundation Degree, HND or equivalent qualification in Animal Science.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Shuttleworth College (part of Bedford College)
Old Warden Park
Clearing contact details
9am to 5pm