Overview Sports Therapy at Worcester is about more than injury treatment and prevention. You'll develop your skills and experience across a broad base of sports science disciplines, for a wide range of sports therapy careers. The course is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists and as a course team we pride ourselves on our engagement with the Professional Body to ensure the course is continually at the forefront of Sports Therapy. Throughout this four-year course you will have the opportunities to gain a variety of additional qualifications and skills ensuring that you are fully prepared for your future as a Graduate Sports Therapist. These skills and qualifications can be practised with autonomy under the experienced supervision and guidance from our highly experienced staff. By the time you complete the MSci Sports Therapy you will be a polished and competent Graduate Sports Therapist, be it as the first responder to a trauma incident, taking a nervous patient through their first musculoskeletal assessment and treatment session or working with elite performers at the highest levels of sport. Key features
- Accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists*, preparing you for a role as a graduate sports therapist
- Two substantial external placement opportunities with our superb range of placement providers - giving you the skills employers tell us they need
- Opportunities to gain experience in the clinical environment - through our University’s sports massage clinics and sports injury clinics, as well as with Worcester Wolves, a top-tier professional basketball club
- Gain a variety of additional qualifications, for example in sports massage, advanced trauma and taping & strapping
- Masters level vocationally specific research project
- Develop multi-disciplinary team (MDT) leadership skills
- Opportunities to continue onto further research degrees
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- The Society of Sports Therapists
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2021.
If you already have a 2021 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Applicants may be invited to interview
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.