Overview Sports Therapy at Worcester is about more than injury treatment and prevention. You will develop your skills and experience across Sports Therapy and Exercise Science with a broad base of sports science disciplines, for a wide range of Sports Therapy careers. The course is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists and as a course team we pride ourselves on our engagement with the Professional Body to ensure the course is continually at the forefront of Sports Therapy. Throughout this four-year course you will have the opportunities to gain a variety of additional qualifications and skills ensuring that you are fully prepared for your future as a Graduate Sports Therapist. These skills and qualifications can be practised with autonomy under the experienced supervision and guidance from our highly experienced staff. By the time you complete the MSci Sports Therapy you will be a polished and competent Graduate Sports Therapist, be it as the first responder to a trauma incident, taking a nervous patient through their first musculoskeletal assessment and treatment session or working with elite performers at the highest levels of sport. Key features
- Accredited by the Society of Sports Therapists, preparing you for a role as a graduate sports therapist
- All staff are highly experienced and full members of The Society of Sports Therapists
- Two substantial external placement opportunities with our superb range of placement providers - giving you the skills employers tell us they need
- Opportunities to gain experience in the clinical environment - through our University’s sports massage clinics and sports injury clinics, as well as with Worcester Wolves
- Gain a variety of additional qualifications, for example in sports massage, advanced trauma and taping & strapping
- Opportunities to gain invaluable experience working with elite athletes participating in national and international competitions at the University
- Masters level vocationally specific research project
- Develop multi-disciplinary team (MDT) leadership skills
- Opportunities to continue onto further research degrees and doctoral level study
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- The Society of Sports Therapists
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Applicants may be invited to interview
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.