BA (Hons) Games Art is a practice-led course that will support you to develop a creative skillset relevant to the evolving computer games industry. With access to extensive specialist facilities including computer labs, green screen studios and motion capture, you'll use current technologies and specialist software to create both 2D and 3D computer game characters, environments and artefacts. You'll be able to collaborate with BA (Hons) Games Design and BA (Hons) Animation students to create interactive games and entertainment, as well as opportunities to engage with industry through live projects, placements and guest speakers. What can you expect?
- You'll develop a broad range of skills in research, ideas generation, design, modelling, and game engines to underpin your creation of original characters, levels, pathways and environments.
- You'll learn drawing and design techniques to inform all aspects of your subject knowledge and technical expertise. Digital skills are also taught intensively from Year 1.
- Industry-led and mentored 'live' projects and competitions are delivered in collaboration with external partners, enabling you to practice your skills in professional contexts while building your portfolio.
- You'll develop communication, team-work and project management abilities through collaborations across BA (Hons) Games Arts, BA (Hons) Games Design, BA (Hons) Virtual Reality and BA (Hons) Animation.
- You'll develop a contextual vocabulary and historical knowledge for analysing games as art.
- You'll build critical skills to articulate meaningful ideas in your practice that promote equality, diversity, and inclusivity, as well as themes around sustainability and sustainable practices.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- London College of Communication
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|