Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course Summary
- Study life at cellular, molecular and chemical levels.
- Combine biological and chemical modules, ranging from Cellular and Molecular Biochemistry to Medical Chemistry and Drug Synthesis.
- Tailor your degree structure to your interests and career ambitions.
- Learn how the latest scientific innovations are being used to have a positive impact on the world.
- Work with our expert staff to complete your own cutting-edge research projects in our award-winning labs using industry standard equipment.
- Take an optional placement year, enabling you to gather priceless hands-on experience in an industrial setting.
- In-person seminars and lectures
- Independent study
- Tutorials and academic adviser sessions
- Practical lab experiences with industry-standard equipment
- Placements and research opportunities
- Real life research projects
- The latest scientific software and data analysis tools
- Problem solving and group activities
- Access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development.
- Access to our Skills Centre with one to ones, webinars and online resources to help you to plan and structure your assignments.
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Concepts In Biology And Chemistry Developing Skills For Science Foundation Skills For Science Foundations Of Biology And Chemistry Year 2 Compulsory modules Biochemistry And Genetics Demonstrating Professional Skills For Scientists Fundamentals Of Life Sciences Introducing Professional Skills For Scientists Principles Of Chemical Analysis Year 3 Compulsory modules Applications Of Analytical Science Applying Professional Skills For Scientists Developing Professional Skills For Scientists Molecular And Cellular Biochemistry Elective modules Immunology And Microbiology Organic And Biosynthetic Chemistry Year 4 Compulsory modules Placement Year For Biosciences And Chemistry Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Analytical Science Advanced Professional Skills For Scientists Applied Biochemistry Research Project Elective modules Advanced Chemical Synthesis Advanced Genetics Advanced Therapeutics And Personalised Medicine Applications Of Data Science Medicinal Chemistry And Drug Discovery Neurobiology And Neurophysiology Pharmacology
Coursework, examinations, and practicals.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Society of Biology
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
If you do not have any of the qualifications above but have relevant experience, you are welcome to discuss potential opportunities with the admissions tutor.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
English language requirements
|IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, with a minimum score of 5.5 in each skill.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.