Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary:
- Build practical experience in writing software to create computer games.
- Study the hardware-level optimisations used in modern games.
- Learn how to write the libraries and tools used to develop games.
- Understand how to apply maths in 2D and 3D game development.
- Prepare for the degree with an extra foundation year at the start
- group work
- lectures and seminars
- technical workshops in computer labs
- independent learning
- practice-based learning and group work
- access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development
- access to our Skills Centre with one to ones and online resources, where you can get help with planning and structuring your assignments
- industry-specific employability activities such as live projects, learning in simulated environments and networking opportunities.
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Foundations In Computing 1 Foundations In Computing 2 Maths For Foundation Computing Study Skills For Computing Students Year 2 Compulsory modules Fundamentals Of C++ Programming Fundamentals Of Computer Architecture Mathematics For Graphics Programming 2D Games Year 3 Compulsory modules 3D Game Development Mathematics For Modelling And Rendering Object Oriented C++ Programming Software-Hardware Optimisation Techniques Year 4 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Games Console Projects Advanced Games Console Techniques Development Project Elective modules Effective C++ Programming Machine Learning Algorithms And Heuristics Virtual And Augmented Reality Applications
Coursework Exams Practical
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- We may also accept you, if you have limited qualifications but can show evidence of ability and a genuine commitment to studying the subject. - Some applicants may be invited to attend an informal interview with the course leader to ensure that the programme is suitable for themselves and their aspirations. - UK students may be able to claim financial support for the course.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.