Computer science is the study of the theory, experimentation, and engineering used in the design and use of computers. The rise in digital technology has increased the demand for highly skilled professionals with a thorough understanding of key computing technologies, combined with the practical skills to solve software issues. Our Computing Science HNC is designed to equip modern graduates to work in this exciting and constantly changing field. Throughout the programme, we teach graduates the academic, professional and personal skills required to develop within this evolving industry. Key course benefits;
- Upon completion of this course, you will receive a qualification awarded by Coventry University, which is ranked 13th best University in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019. Coventry University were also awarded Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in 2017.
- In order to make higher education accessible to as many people as possible, we keep our tuition fees competitively priced.
- You will have the opportunity for multi-campus learning in London and Scarborough.
- Small tutorial group sessions ensure that you receive the mentoring help and support you need.
- We deliver one module at a time during each block. This means you can dedicate your time to specialise in each subject without the distraction of numerous modules and multiple deadlines.
Your main study themes are: Independent and autonomous working: You will gain the ability to critically appraise an computing scenario, with a view to apply modern methods efficiently neutralise a threat. Industry Adaptation: Factors that influence the technological industry, policies and processes which includes technology development, legislation and environmental factors. Project Management: You will be effective and efficient in project management, time management and organisation. You will be introduced to a number of applications and processes to facilitate the successful development of management skills.Research Methods: Critical analysis, reflection, information searching and experimental design in security, data collection, analysis and design. For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University Group.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30