This online healthcare management programme will help you analyse and improve your managerial effectiveness, supporting your progression towards senior management positions in the healthcare sector. These awards form part of our Biomed Online programme for health sector workers who want to keep abreast of latest developments. You can study our modules individually for your continuing professional development (CPD) or follow a specific pathway to pursue a postgraduate award (PGCert / PGDip / MSc) in Healthcare Management. The Healthcare Management course offers advanced qualifications for senior management positions within healthcare settings. Our intensive 12-week taught modules provide current or aspiring healthcare managers with the tools to evaluate and develop their administrative activities more effectively. To complete the master's degree (MSc), you will also conduct a research-focused workplace project. Our modules are supported by a consortium of NHS Trusts, Pathology Joint Ventures, Public Health England and the University of Greenwich. Each module comes with full support from an experienced practitioner and has been approved by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS), the leading body for current practitioners in the field. Additional info Students complete two modules for a PG Cert in Healthcare Management, or four modules for a PG Diploma in Healthcare Management. See the pathway options. Students undertaking the full MSc must also complete a workplace-based project. The modules available for this programme are shown below. The spread over five years is an example of how the study can be completed. There is flexibility for completion in a shorter or longer timeframe – maximum 3 years for PG Cert; 5 years for PG Dip; 7 years for the full MSc. What you should know about this course
- You can begin online courses in April or October. Scholarships are available, please contact the Biomed Online office for details.
- Our online courses are mapped to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework.
- Complete two 12-week modules to gain a PGCert in Biomedical Science (Online) award, a PGCert in Healthcare Quality Management or a PGCert in Healthcare Management.
- Complete four 12-week modules to gain a PGDip in Biomedical Science (Online), Healthcare Quality Management or Healthcare Management.
- Complete four modules and a research project to gain an MSc Biomedical Science (Online). The MSc is validated by the University of Greenwich and accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science.
The assessment procedure is different for each course. The assessments include quizzes, reports, presentations and project work. Your course tutor will guide you through them. The research project (MSc) should be of a standard suitable for publication in a scientific journal or equivalent.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Biomedical Science, Institute of
You should have a BSc or MSc from an EU university or equivalent professional clinical qualification, or experience gained within the NHS or an equivalent healthcare setting. Equivalent qualifications from a non-EU university will be assessed on an individual basis.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|