Our MSc Management Consultancy and Organisational Change blends management consultancy theory and practice from the viewpoint of organisational and strategic change. This unique and innovative degree offers you the opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and capabilities to operate as a successful consultant. The course is designed from the perspective of practising consultants and provides a unique combination of the latest theoretical thinking on strategic management with practical insights into successful organisational change. You will learn to apply the tools and techniques used by some of the most successful management consultancies. The course will enable you to put your knowledge, strategic thinking and imagination to work with other talented people in a supportive academic environment that encourages teamwork and active engagement in the learning process. You will find this course beneficial if you are:
- an experienced consultant and change professional who wants to broaden your knowledge and experience in an academic setting
- starting out on a consulting career and you wish to acquire new knowledge and develop your own consulting style
- a professional, industry expert or executive in the private or public sector who wants to transition into consulting or acquire consultancy skills and knowledge to enhance your current role and performance
- a new or aspiring manager who wants to develop the skillset and tools of consulting that are increasingly essential to all managerial roles.
- Established more than 50 years ago, our Department of Organizational Psychology was the first in the UK.
- This course offers you the unique opportunity to gain practical consulting experience and skills through working on a real consultancy project with PA Consulting, a global management consultancy, headquartered in London, with offices in more than 30 countries. Read about successful projects undertaken with Defra and the RSPCA and watch our videos to find out what PA consultants say about the consultancy challenge and the key attributes that make a great consultant.
- This flexible, innovative and intellectually challenging course provides you with an opportunity to develop an understanding of management consultancy theory and practice from the perspective of organisational and strategic change.
- You can also get access to an incredible range of resources, including Birkbeck Library, the University of London Library, libraries in other University of London colleges and the major national resource of the British Library.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Assessment includes examinations at the end of each term, coursework and a project.
How to apply
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, the requirement for this course is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 7.0, with not less than 6.5 in each of the sub-tests. If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses, foundation programmes and language support services to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above). Managers and consultants without a degree but with experience in a wide range of public and private sector organisations may be able to benefit substantially from the course, and their applications are welcomed. Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£11040||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700