This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas. Why study BSc (Hons) Economics (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Learn from expert specialist lecturers, and professors in the Business School, who actively lead research that is applied and discussed in lectures
- Gain critical industry-relevant skills and competencies, such as statistics, econometrics, and applied research, to enhance your employability in public and private organisations
- Grow your professional network and increase your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement with our partners in Accounting, Finance & Economics businesses
- Take opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Study Economics at BU and venture into one of the most well-paid professions, second only to medicine (source IFS-BBC)
- Our graduates work as economic and financial or data analysts, accountants, and executives for companies such as Adidas UK Ltd, Apple, BMW Financial Services and British Airways - and 95% of our graduates are in employment or further study 15 months after graduation (Source DiscoverUni 2022).
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Fundamentals of Business & Management; Academic & Professional Practice; Fusion Business Project. Year 1 core units: History of Economic Thought | Introductory Mathematics for Economic Analysis | Principles of Microeconomics | Principles of Macroeconomics | Introduction to Financial Markets | Basic Statistical Techniques
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|