From the BBC’s ‘Breaking News’ stories shared on social media to Al Jazeera's podcasts published on their website, foreign correspondence professionals are taking advantage of digital technology to reach diverse audiences. On this course, through either full-time or part-time study, you’ll learn how to think and act like an international journalist. Applicants from different walks of life join our course: you don’t have to be a journalism or media course graduate. Just show your engagement with news, experience in journalism or passion for reporting and we will be delighted to offer you a place once you have met all other criteria such as English language proficiency as set for your course. Sign-up for an Open Day, attend a campus tour, or follow us on Twitter and read real news created by our students #JournalismAtSalford. Continue reading to understand more about this MA International Journalism for Digital Media course. If you are looking to work in the UK and are seeking an NCTJ accredited programme, you might also be interested in our MA Journalism (News/Broadcast/Sport) programme. You will:
- Study at our MediaCity campus, which is the media hub of the north, home to the BBC and ITV northern headquarters
- Be mentored by our well-connected and experienced broadcast and digital journalism practitioners
- Experience a real-life environment of digital newsrooms, and use our state-of-the-art TV and radio studios
- Explore specialisms such as foreign affairs, health and science reporting, business and finance writing or data journalism
- Network with industry through our special events and live brief journalism projects
Global Perspectives on Journalism, News and Ethics, Journalism Practice in a Multimedia Newsroom, Specialist Journalism Practice, and Major Project. Please see our website to find out more about the modules we offer for this course.
Please see our website for the assessment methods.
A good honours degree (2:1 or above) but appropriately experienced applicants will be considered for entry in line with the University’s APL procedure. Please see our website for the full entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Please see our website to find out more about sponsorship information.
University of Salford
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 295 4545