Course Overview This course prepares registered nurses to meet the needs of maternity services and transforms graduate nurses into registered midwives. Why study with us
- You may be eligible for funding on this course.
- You’ll benefit from a case-based approach to learning, which is used to facilitate development of the skills required of a competent midwife.
- The midwifery education team is supported by internationally renowned researchers in Midwifery and Infant Nutrition.
- You’ll have the opportunity to use clinical skill labs, which provide a safe environment to put theoretical knowledge into practice.
- Within your programme, you will have the opportunity to participate in an elective placement, which can be either national or international, allowing you to explore midwifery in a different setting.
- You have the opportunity to join the award-wining University Midwifery Society and Passionate Midwifery Forums.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants need to be on the NMC Register and currently practicing as a Registered General (adult) Nurse with at least 12 months experience in an acute setting. We require either a diploma or degree in Nursing and have evidence of Level 5 study in the previous 5 years.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|