This intensive Masters Psychology conversion course is aimed at students who have a degree in another subject and would like to 'convert' to Psychology. Our course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and sits at the cutting edge of inter-disciplinary scientific research. After introducing Psychology to you as a biological and social science, we will cover topics as diverse as brain functioning, child development, and social behaviour. You will also develop your research skills with our specifically designed modules in research methods. You will get hands-on experience designing and conducting experiments, working in high-end specialist labs and in our on-site kindergarten, the only such facility in the UK. You will develop a deep knowledge and understanding of mind and behaviour, coupled with excellent practical and transferable skills, all of which will offer you a wide and diverse choice of careers. The course is delivered by what the British Psychological Society (BPS) commended as a proactive, approachable, and engaged programme team. The BPS also recognised not only our approach to teaching, which help students’ personal and professional development, but also our personalised system of student support and feedback, which helps to nurture a close-knit academic community. The course includes a four week placement to broaden your practical experience in psychology. You will carry out a six month independent empirical research project under the supervision of a leading academic specialist. After completing the course, you will be able to apply for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society on a graduate basis. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
Modules include: Core psychology modules 1, 2, & 3; quantitative research; methods; qualitative research methods; research placement; research dissertation.
The individual modules contribute towards 60 percent of the MSc grade, with the research dissertation contributing the remaining 40 percent.
A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in another subject. English language requirements. If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your proficiency such as a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (5.5 in all bands). If you don’t meet the required score you may be able to register for one of our pre-sessional English courses. To register you must hold a conditional offer for your course and have an IELTS score 0.5 or 1.0 below the required standard.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
For information on funding and scholarships, please see here: https://www.stir.ac.uk/study/fees-funding/postgraduate-loans-and-funding/