Why Human Resource Management? This top-up course lets you build on your existing knowledge and skills to understand the role human resource management plays in a business, and how you can play a part in the industry too. Why Human Resource Management? This top-up course lets you build on your existing knowledge and skills to understand the role human resource management plays in a business, and how you can play a part in the industry too. If you’ve already studied a business subject to diploma level and you want to understand the world of HR, then this course could be ideal for you. How will you learn? You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- This course will focus on the strategic elements of people resourcing and the contribution that these activities can make to organisational success and achieving a high performing workforce in a rapidly changing environment.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to understand the professional skills needed in the HR industry including how to recruit and inspire staff.
- You’ll have the chance to develop your potential as a Human Resource Management (HRM) professional while looking at wider industry issues too in order to help you develop your business acumen.
- You’ll have the chance to build up a knowledge of how HRM can help to create a high performance workplace, all by attracting, retaining, developing, managing and rewarding staff.
Year 1 Core modules: People Resourcing Human Resource Development The Future of Work Employment Relations Managing Across Cultures Strategy in Context
Study and assessments will be based on your choice of modules. Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
- Personnel and Development, Chartered Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Entry requirements for this course are normally one of the following: * Higher National Diploma or equivalent (eg two year advanced diploma level or comparable qualifications, or European equivalent to 120 ECTS points). * Foundation degree or 120 ECTS.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable.
Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our 'Where are you from?' information pages.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Please see our website for more information - http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/
University of Huddersfield
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Huddersfield Business School - Admissions
+44 (0)1484 472956
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625