The Executive MBA is our flagship part-time qualification aimed individuals with some management experience, with the potential for a successful career in strategic management and with the aspiration to achieve a leadership position. The course adopts a practice-led curriculum and aims to develop an advanced knowledge of organisations and their effective management in the dynamic competitive global context, and the ability to apply this knowledge and understanding to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve business and management practice. Why choose this course?
- Study a broad range of business subjects and enjoy the personal and professional development of your skills and knowledge, underpinned by the latest research in management, innovation and change
- Explore the latest developments in key industry sectors, and work on the latest thinking relating to organisational progress and change in a competitive global context
- Develop your ability to cooperate with colleagues and reflect on your knowledge, learning and practice through theoretical and practical interaction with your peers and tutors
- Gain business competence, strengthen your confidence, credibility, and use our dedicated careers service to fast-track your potential to join an organisation in a variety of positions
- Benefit from tutors who possess a range of practical experience in management and leadership who can help develop your entrepreneurial and creativity skills.
• Accounting For Leaders (SHR036-6) Compulsory • Entrepreneurship And Small Business Management (MAR015-6) Compulsory • Integrated Management Project (SHR043-6) Compulsory • Leadership Project (SHR011-6) Compulsory • Leading And Managing People (SHR012-6) Compulsory • Marketing Management (SHR037-6) Compulsory • Mobilising Creativity And Innovation (SHR044-6) Compulsory • Operations And Project Management (SHR039-6) Compulsory • Personal And Professional Development (SHR053-6) Compulsory • Strategy (SHR019-6) Compulsory • Thriving In A Competitive Global Context (MAR023-6) Compulsory Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
The underpinning philosophy of all the assessments is developmental, building on your knowledge, expertise and capabilities to ensure that you are an able and confident leader and manager. This emphasis will enable you to explore, experience and develop your understanding of leadership, management and innovation within the context of your business and personal needs. The overall aim of the assessment strategy is that you will receive constructive feedback from your course tutors, and student peers within the group. The team will support you to help you to use this feedback as part of your continuing professional and self-development Assessments are designed to develop your analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on the need to integrate academic understanding as a means to improving your own management practice. To facilitate and maximise learning for all students a range of assessment methods are used throughout the course. These include: Management and consultancy reports Presentations Business plan development Project reports Reflective assessment Group study is actively encouraged and developed but assessments are completed and submitted on an individual basis. The culmination of your study is the Project which is an extended study that enables you to integrate a range of disciplines from your studies in the investigation and resolution of leadership and strategic issues, ideally from within your own organisation.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
In order to benefit from the degree you will need to have an educational, experiential or professional base that involves working with others in a management capacity. In order to cope with the demands of the course you should have: An Honours degree in any discipline from a recognised higher education institution; Appropriate Management experience of at least 2 years (or equivalent); For international students English competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent is required; Special entry options are available for those with no degree but with extensive management experience. You may discuss with the Course Director before acceptance for the degree and he/she will explain more fully to you the implications and intended outcomes of the course and explore with you your ability to engage in the learning requirements of the qualification.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
For information on postgraduate funding, please visit: https://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/postgraduatestudy/postgraduate-fees-and-funding