Bournemouth University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas. Why study BSc (Hons) Economics at BU?
- Develop an understanding of financial approaches and gain related mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills essential for starting a career in the global market
- Meet industry-leading practitioners and professionals through guest lectures, seminars and assessment activities
- Study abroad at one of our international partner institutions in Australia, Canada and Europe
- Gain industry experience and enhance your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement which can be completed anywhere in the world
- Our graduates work as economic and financial or data analysts, accountants and executives for companies such as Adidas UK Ltd, Apple, BMW Financial Services and British Airways
- Learn from expert, qualified senior staff many of whom are actively engaged in research and/or professional practice – 94% of our graduates think our staff are good at explaining things (National Student Survey 2019/20).
You will study a range of subject areas including accounting, finance, quantitative and statistical techniques, law and economics for accounting & finance, business management, taxation, mathematics for economics, micro and macro economics, money, banking & financial services and global markets & labour.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, you can request a deferral by contacting our Admissions Team. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please contact our Future Students Enquiry Team for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.