This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School, an accreditation attained by fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide. It recognises our focus on excellence in all areas. Why study BSc (Hons) Economics at BU?
- Learn from expert specialist lecturers, and professors in the Business School, who actively lead research that is applied and discussed in lectures
- Gain critical industry-relevant skills and competencies, such as statistics, econometrics, and applied research, to enhance your employability in public and private organisations
- Grow your professional network and increase your employability by undertaking an optional 30-week placement with our partners in Accounting, Finance & Economics businesses
- Take opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Study Economics at BU and venture into one of the most well-paid professions, second only to medicine (source IFS-BBC)
- Our graduates work as economic and financial or data analysts, accountants, and executives for companies such as Adidas UK Ltd, Apple, BMW Financial Services and British Airways - and 95% of our graduates are in employment or further study 15 months after graduation (Source DiscoverUni 2022).
Year 1 core units: History of Economic Thought | Introductory Mathematics for Economic Analysis | Principles of Microeconomics | Principles of Macroeconomics | Introduction to Financial Markets | Basic Statistical Techniques
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|