This bespoke top-up course is for you if you have completed a related foundation degree or HND and wish to gain a full bachelor’s degree in one year. You will gain a deeper understanding of sport science and personal training as well as relevant experience through work placements/internships at sports organisations, schools and within a personal training environment, preparing you for a successful career. By linking closely to your previous studies and work experience it provides seamless progression to university-level study with the added benefit of a targeted initial induction and a week-long summer school to help support your academic development. Why choose this course?
- Study key areas of sport science (physical education) including pedagogy and sports performance as well as research methods and employability units.
- Develop your personal training skills and build partnerships with local sports clubs and teams with help from our excellent links with industry including Sport England, the Football Association.
- Learn from our team of experts in fitness, personal training and strength and conditioning.
- Gain sound training, skills and knowledge of sport science (physical education) together with the transferrable skills needed for a range of careers.
- Build your employability through relevant work placement/internships at sports organisations, schools and within a personal training environment where you can also carry out a research project.
- Benefit from specialist teaching laboratories and sports facilities at our School of Sports Science and Physical Activity as well as world-class teaching from a team with research expertise in environmental physiology, health and metabolism and movement within the sports science field.
Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course is for applicants with a related Foundation Degree or Higher Education qualification wishing to top up to the full BA/BSc degree.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Bedfordshire
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 3300 073