Course Overview Take your love of design, construction and the use of machines to the next level on our Mechanical Engineering Foundation Entry Degree, MEng (Hons). Why study with us
- You'll learn how to take products from design to manufacture, and graduate ready to capitalise on the career opportunities in one of the most intense engineering and manufacturing areas in the UK.
- There’s an optional placement route to spend a year in industry between Year 2 and Year 3.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join the Innovation Club and work with a group of students and staff on projects.
- You’ll be tutored by world-class academics with both industry and research experience.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- This MEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
- This MEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|