Global businesses are constantly developing and implementing information technology to achieve their goals. On this course, you will acquire technical and operational skills to prepare you for cutting-edge work in a variety of business contexts. Why study BSc (Hons) Business Computing with Analytics at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to combine business, technical and data analytics skills to meet the dynamic needs of employers in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical and data skills with a business appreciation to inform
- Study and practice in our state-of-art specialty labs with enterprise grade hardware and fully virtualisation ready enterprise level infrastructure
- Engage in a series of practical, industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and the world
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You'll be qualified to work as an IT professional whose role focuses on transforming business processes and driving business innovations to meet ever changing business needs through IT
First year core units include; Principles of Programming, Computer Fundamentals, Data and Databases, Networks and Cyber Security, Application of Programming Principles and Business Systems Analysis & Design.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
AccessBU: AccessBU provides you with the opportunity to tell us about your circumstances that are not always evident in your UCAS application. This widening access initiative also considers relevant criteria such as being in care or if you live in an area with a low participation rate in Higher Education - if you are eligible, your offer could be up to 16 UCAS tariff points below the published tariff. Apprenticeships: We recognise the transferable knowledge and skills gained through apprenticeships and welcome applications from students with a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship recognised by the Institute for Apprenticeships. Each application will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Deferred entry: We are happy to consider eligible applicants for deferred entry. If you have already submitted your application, please submit your deferral request through our website. Direct entry: We welcome applications from students who have previously studied at degree level at other institutions and wish to transfer onto a BU course. Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedure enables credit awarded from one institution to contribute to a BU award, subject to an application process. Please visit our RPL webpage for more information. Mature applicants: We recognise that mature applicants may have a wealth of experience rather than formal qualifications, so we’ll consider your application on these merits if included in your application. You’ll need to apply to BU in the usual way through UCAS and you may be invited to an interview to discuss your suitability for the course based on the experience you tell us about in your application.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information