You’re the difference between the motivation to push on and old habits, a dream realised and one prematurely ended. We know you’re ambitious, that’s why on this course we will give you the support and opportunities you need to become your best. This unique course is designed to give you the industry knowledge, skills, and enhanced employment prospects for you to kickstart your career as a Sport and Exercise Therapist. What’s more, our Sport courses are ranked 1st in the North West for continuation and 2nd in the North West for Career Prospects (Guardian University Guide 2023 Results). Course Overview You’ll learn to prevent, examine and treat sports-related injuries whilst developing the skills to become an independent learner and practitioner. You’ll receive knowledge and insight from industry-sourced professionals and have access to facilities including our rehabilitation clinic, strength and conditioning room, and biomechanics and physiology laboratories. You can also pursue your interests with our support. Industry links and work experience, including top-flight football teams and the opportunity to support runners taking part in the Brathay 10 marathons in 10 days event and work in our sports injury clinics. These experiences will help fast-track your job hunt and employment opportunities. On this course you will...
- Help people recover from sports, and physical activity-related injuries and conditions. You will positively contribute to sporting performance and public health.
- Develop hands-on techniques, learning skills such as sports massage, musculoskeletal injury assessment, and joint mobilisations and manipulations.
- Become creative in your ability to devise and implement functional and sport-specific exercise rehabilitation to restore athletes, from recreational up to elite levels of performance.
- Put theory into practice by completing placements early on in your studies. Past students have worked with professional sports teams, sports rehabilitation clinics, fitness centres, and the NHS.
- Complete a range of courses and qualifications to enhance your CV, including Rocktape, Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport, and a CIMSPA endorsed Strength & Conditioning Trainer qualification.
- Have the opportunity to take part in a 10-day residential placement working with ultra-endurance runners in the Lake District.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of human anatomy
- Physiology and relevant pathophysiology of neuromusculoskeletal conditions
- Competence in manual/therapeutic techniques
- Skills in exercise prescription
- Conditioning and screening
- Highly developed communication and inter-professional skills.
- Neurodynamics in Sport
- Professional Development & Employment
- Advanced Athlete Care
- Screening & Pre-habilitation
- Independent Investigative Project
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
HND or FdSc in a relevant subject.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding