Explore and understand the factors influencing changes in our built and natural environments and consider responses to contemporary global challenges. Examine our relationship with the natural environment and learn to understand and consider responses to the challenges of climate change, globalisation, urbanisation, development and regeneration. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Explore a range of contemporary issues within geography and environmental science such as remote sensing, natural hazard management, energy and environmental governance, climate adaptation, GIS and specialist technical field work
- Develop your understanding of the relationships between human activity and environmental change and combine theories about the physical nature, characteristics and environment of the world with human interactions
- Field trips that will help you gain an understanding of real-world issues and develop competence in practical research skills
- A work placement module that will hone your personal, professional and employability skills
- A personal tutorial programme to look after your academic and pastoral needs
- A collaborative approach to learning
- An excellent network of employers who will be able to offer relevant job experience
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Sustainable Urbanism & European Field Trip
- Geography in the Contemporary World
- Academic Skills for Geographers & Planners
- Introduction to Physical Geography
- Environmental Science
- City & Society
- Techniques in Geographical Research
- Work Placement & Employability Skills
- Ecology & Ecosystems
- Research Methods
- International Field Trip
- Remote Sensing & GIS
- Natural Hazard Management & Climate Change Adaptation
- Contemporary Issues in Environmental Science
- Environmental Control Strategies
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City CampusC
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We may use selection criteria based on your personal attributes; experience and/or commitment to the area of study. This information will be derived from your personal statement and reference and will only be used if you have met the general entry requirements.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|