Why MA Art Therapy at the University of Hertfordshire?
- Employment prospects: Our postgraduates work across the NHS, Social Services, adult and child mental health, rehabilitation, palliative care, learning disabilities, forensic settings, and mainstream schools.
- Industry accreditation: Approved by The Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Strong industry connections: You will benefit from our excellent links with the NHS, public and private sector, and organisations such as ECArTE to provide you with entrepreneurial skills to help you start your own services.
- Industry work placements: You will have a supervised placement for 120 days providing you with experience and employment in healthcare, education and/or voluntary organisations.
Core modules: Art therapy practice part 2; art therapy practice 1; discourse and reflection: art therapy; experiential training 1; experiential training 2; experiential training 3; creative economies; research and enquiry. Optional modules: Research and enquiry (online); creative economies (online).
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Health and Care Professions Council
- British Association of Art Therapists
Mature students are accepted. Maturity and life experience is regarded as essential. Honours degree in Art and Design. This means any art and design discipline; Fine Art, Textiles, Ceramics, Film etc. Prior to registration approx 1,000 min hours relevant work experience in mental health, special education or other related field. Paid or voluntary work is acceptable and both needs to be consistent over a period of time. UK/EU candidates when invited to interview will present; an art portfolio that shows evidence of their ongoing art practice and identity as an artist, a short written assignment and two acceptable references. If you currently do not meet the above entry criteria, you may want to consider our Arts Therapies and Wellbeing Foundation.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course