Overview The top 5 companies in the world today all have one thing in common, they are all data driven organisations. On this degree you will learn the skills you need have a career in this exciting field, from the basics of Computing, Programming and Coding for Web and Mobile, along with Data Mining, Information Systems, Mathematical and Statistical methods and other techniques that are needed in a data driven environment. In the later years of your degree, you will discover Machine Learning, Cyber Security and Natural Language Processing. Studying this course over 4 years offers the opportunity to take a one-year work placement in industry, should you wish to, in order to gain vital real-world experience. Key features
- Study the core of university-level Computing, Data, Data Analysis and Data Science degrees
- Additional modules featuring mini-projects in mathematical modelling and data analysis, together with transferrable skills in using computer software packages, conducting research and communication.
- Some modules have opportunities to gain professional qualifications alongside your final degree
- Work placement opportunities with numerous companies such as Bosch, IBM and Clearview
- Opportunity to apply skills and knowledge from across the whole course in an applied final-year project.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course