Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary:
- Develop skills in creating and managing effective learning environments.
- Learn how to design effective assessment and feedback processes.
- Gain an understanding of theories and models underpinning pedagogical practice in higher education learning, teaching and assessment.
- Complete the postgraduate certificate and gain Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- tutor-led seminars
- participant-led activities
- group and peer discussion
- self-directed study and reading
- assessment of practice
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Modules studied may differ depending on when you start your course. Compulsory modules Developing As An Academic Practitioner Introduction To Higher Education Practice
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Higher Education Academy
Typically you need: • a UK honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject • 60 hours scheduled teaching in a HE context for each academic year - this must include planning, design and assessment, and can include up to five hours of research supervision and tutorials • Sheffield Hallam staff need line manager approval You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 7.0 with 6.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 7.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533