University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Our Teaching and Learning Foundation Degree has been specifically developed for those working in education support roles. The programme will enhance your teaching knowledge and skills while you continue to work in your current role. Teaching assistants and other education support roles play a crucial part in the educational, social and emotional wellbeing of children. We've developed this FdA to offer you fresh insights and expertise on your journey to become a teaching assistant. Based in the South West, this programme is run by the Somerset Centre for Integrated Learning. Key features
- Based in Somerset, this programme is not taught at our Worcester campus
- Opportunities to develop key skills to prepare for further study and/or employment and lifelong learning, in addition to support for promotion in professional roles
- The foundation degree is a significant step towards acquiring a full honours degree in the future, with top-up options available in Worcester and the South West
- The full honours degree then opens up the possibility of a route in to teaching via a PGCE or the School Direct programme
- A golden opportunity for those working or interested in working in an educational support role to enhance their skills and expertise
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Somerset Centre for Integrated Learning
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page