The foundation year of this Coventry University degree will be delivered from our CU Coventry campus. Course delivery from year 1 of the degree onwards will be from the Coventry University campus. This course aims to provide you with a solid grounding for building a career in finance, accountancy or general management. Sound financial knowledge and accountancy skills are needed so businesses can make the right decisions, develop the right strategies and achieve growth, while also considering issues of ethics and sustainability. Almost every management job requires an understanding of budgeting and financial administration to ensure the business remains on track and meets its targets. The foundation year seeks to provide the fundamental knowledge and skill set in a range of mathematical and business principles, as well as the theories and concept involved in investment risk and professional ethics. Students who successfully complete their foundation year will then progress onto the Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons) degree within Coventry University’s Business School. Key benefits of the degree
- Tailor your study to your chosen career path.
- Broaden your knowledge and skills or focus on specialisation as you see fit. You will first study a wide range of subjects laying a solid foundation for a career in accounting, finance or financial management. In the final year, you will have the opportunity to select from a range of optional modules to focus on a particular area of interest.
- Prepare for professional qualifications.
- Our degree is closely aligned to the syllabi of professional accountancy bodies including the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).Put your skills to the test.
- Prepare and analyse financial statements, as well as studying the impact of finance on real businesses through case studies of a diverse range of organisations.
- Develop your skills in our Trading Floor, which is currently one of the largest academic trading floors in Europe, featuring 42 dual screen Bloomberg terminals.
The foundation teaches key modules in Academic Skills for Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Spreadsheets, Investment and Risk, and Cost, Revenue and Professional Ethics. After foundation, you progress to year 1 of the degree course. The common first year enables you to work alongside students doing similar courses to you, to widen your knowledge and exposure to other subject areas and professions. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other students, so you can share your insights and experience which will help you to develop and learn. Year One Modules
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Business Economics
- Entrepreneurial Thinking
This course will be assessed using a variety of methods which will vary depending upon the module. Assessment methods include: Formal examinations Phase tests Essays Group work Presentations Reports Projects Coursework Exams Individual Assignments The Coventry University Group assessment strategy ensures that our courses are fairly assessed and allows us to monitor student progression towards achieving the intended learning outcomes.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
We recognise a breadth of qualifications, speak to one of our advisers today to find out how we can help you.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland