Operating in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex global environment, businesses are a fundamental part of modern society, supplying the products and services we need. Graduates who not only understand the operations of modern business, but can also spot and capitalise on market opportunities are therefore in high demand. Our course allows you to study a broad range of business subjects together with more focused marketing-speciﬁc topics. We will explore consumer behaviour and analysis, and learn how this insight and more can be used to inform the planning and implementation of marketing programmes. We cover the full range of marketing skills – from digital marketing and social media to traditional print – and consider other business skills such as innovation & change.The business modules aim to expand your skills and knowledge of the development and operation of business markets, entrepreneurship and the management of key resources, including human capital, financial management, strategic management, corporate social responsibility and organisational change. As an accredited Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Centre, you gain key exemptions for professional qualifications with the CIM and have the option to complete the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing in the six to nine months following the completion of your degree. As experienced practitioners, our staff have spent time in industry prior to joining academia, in roles such as marketing executives, managers and directors of private and public sector organisations. They aim to bring knowledge of all the latest marketing tools and techniques – like Google Analytics and the online content creation tools currently proving popular in digital marketing. Some are recognised both nationally and internationally in their respective fields of specialism, publishing their research in the highest quality academic journals, including Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, Psychology and Marketing and Journal of Consumer Behaviour to name but a few. Combining theory and practice, this course benefits from a focus on practical marketing skills. There will be group projects to develop advertising campaigns and hone your analytical skills using simulation games, such as the Cesim SIMBrand marketing management game designed to develop your understanding and command of the marketing planning process. To monitor emerging sector trends and challenges, there is a high degree of practitioner input. Guest speakers from industry are invited to give talks about their experiences, which in recent years, has included speakers from McCann Erickson, ITV Studios, Millward Brown, Marstons and the Mixed Reality Studio among others. Key Course Benefits
- Opportunity to spend a year on a business placement in the UK or overseas. Previous examples have included IBM, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Procter and Gamble, L'Oreal, Warner Brothers, 3M, BMW, Disney, Rolls Royce and Peugeot.
- Industry field trips, for example, to Jaguar Land Rover and the Cadbury World exhibition tour (included a talk from the Marketing team at Cadbury’s), as well as professional exhibitions like the Digital Marketing Show.
- Use of a digital communications lab – the DigiComm Lab. This is equipped with industry-standard software, including Adobe Comp, Adobe Slate, Adobe Voice, Behance, WordPress and social media platforms.
- The CIM Graduate Gateway award offers direct entry to top-up to CIM’s Professional Diploma in Marketing (one module exemption) immediately after your degree or in the three to five years following.
- Research-inspired teaching from staff that are active in the areas of branding and guest speakers such as Brandz Global Director and esteemed visiting professors.
- Chance to spend a year studying abroad – past students have studied in China and Belgium
Your main study themes are:
- Business: We will cover a wide range of topics from business management to entrepreneurship, HRM, supply chain and managing organisational change.
- Marketing: We will study concepts such as consumer behaviour, marketing research and strategy, as well as specialist options like digital marketing, global marketing and services and retail marketing.
- Communications: You will be able to choose options such as brand and corporate communications, which will teach you how to determine and analyse business problems and devise actions for success.
- Research: You will be expected to learn how to conduct both primary and secondary research and put your skills into practice by undertaking an independent and in-depth study of a marketing or business topic of your choice. This will form the basis of your final-year dissertation.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152