The professionally-accredited BSc (Hons) Zoology at Liverpool John Moores University offers you exciting opportunities to complete work placements and field trips both in the UK and overseas.
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology
- Optional overseas fieldwork (self-funded) – previous destinations have included Tenerife, Costa Rica and Malaysia
- Option to undertake a 4-6 week placement and/or a 12-month sandwich placement in the UK or overseas
- Easy access to local zoos and diverse habitat sites and ecosystems in North Wales, Lancashire, Snowdonia and the Lake District
- Excellent prospects in a diverse range of animal-related careers, including clinical and veterinary-related science, animal training, ecological consultancy, animal welfare and conservation, wildlife education, teaching and lecturing
- This degree is available to study following a foundation year
- International Foundation Year course available offering direct progression onto this degree programme - visit LJMU's International Study Centre to find out more
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Modules are generally assessed by a combination of exam and coursework, or coursework only. All students perform differently depending on how they are assessed, which is why we use a combination of assessment methods. Exams may therefore include a range of question types e.g. multiple choice, short answer, interpretative, problem-based learning and essay. Coursework assessment could be in the form of online phase tests, fieldwork/practical reports, data handling, oral presentations, poster presentations, group discussions, essays or the evaluation of your practical skills. Most are based on individual assignments though some require group work. Feedback on coursework assessments is normally provided within three weeks of submission and may be via Canvas, face-to-face or as written comments. We believe that constructive feedback is vital in helping you identify your strengths as well as the areas where you may need to put in more work.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Society of Biology
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 4
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Applicants must have obtained grade 4 or grade C or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE prior to starting the programme or • Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths • NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and or Reading • Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English • Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional skills level 2 in Maths/ English
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
Liverpool John Moores University
Egerton Court (Headquarters)
2 Rodney Street
Clearing contact detailsRegister your interest in Clearing
Get in touch
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Faculty of Science
0151 231 2888