University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview As an early years professional you can make a significant difference to children's lives, working with them at this time of key developmental milestones. As work based practice is a key part of this course you have the potential to earn whilst you learn. You will study with likeminded people across a range of other related professional roles based in your own community. This University of Worcester award is delivered by the partner institution The Learning Institute. Delivery venues range across Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, London and Somerset, (though not on the University of Worcester campus). The running of the degree and of individual groups will be subject to minimum numbers. The partnership between the University of Worcester and the Learning Institute is well established and has been recently reviewed in 2017 resulting in the latest suite of new awards on offer. Key features
- The use of weekly learning sessions, either face-to-face learning in local venues or online, enabling you to balance study, work and home demands.
- Local delivery in a study group supports you to be successful in your study.
- A requirement of attendance at two weekend (Friday evening and Saturday daytime) study sessions each year is structured to support you engage with students on your course from across the country.
- Work based learning provides you with a key opportunity to connect your academic and professional learning with the expectation that students have access to 10 hours per week across the study year.
- You will share your study with students across a small number of interrelated programmes.
- There is the opportunity to progress to a BA top-up on completion.
- Subject to approval FdA Early Years Professional will be recognised as a sector endorsed programme.
- The course can be used to support you on your route into teacher training.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||The Learning Institute|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||32 points|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page