University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview As an early years professional you can make a significant difference to children's lives, working with them at this time of key developmental milestones. As work based practice is a key part of this course you have the potential to earn whilst you learn. You will study with likeminded people across a range of other related professional roles based in your own community. This University of Worcester award is delivered by the partner institution The Learning Institute. Delivery venues range across Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, London and Somerset, (though not on the University of Worcester campus). The running of the degree and of individual groups will be subject to minimum numbers. The partnership between the University of Worcester and the Learning Institute is well established and has been recently reviewed in 2017 resulting in the latest suite of new awards on offer. Key features
- The use of weekly learning sessions, either face-to-face learning in local venues or online, enabling you to balance study, work and home demands.
- Local delivery in a study group supports you to be successful in your study.
- A requirement of attendance at two weekend (Friday evening and Saturday daytime) study sessions each year is structured to support you engage with students on your course from across the country.
- Work based learning provides you with a key opportunity to connect your academic and professional learning with the expectation that students have access to 10 hours per week across the study year.
- You will share your study with students across a small number of interrelated programmes.
- There is the opportunity to progress to a BA top-up on completion.
- Subject to approval FdA Early Years Professional will be recognised as a sector endorsed programme.
- The course can be used to support you on your route into teacher training.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- The Learning Institute
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page