IT has never been so important to the strategic, operational and tactical needs of international business. This course responds to the growing market demand for graduates skilled in this area. This course will help you take advantage of the entrepreneurial opportunities available in this area, and offers a thorough grounding in modern information tools, enhanced by study of advanced management and engineering techniques. A particularly significant element of the course focuses on the use of information systems for business analysis and intelligence. Students will gain understanding of information and organisation structures in a business as well as skills of using existing software required for designing and developing information systems. Students will also obtain skills and the ability to interact with business analysts, computer programmers, and software engineers. Graduates are expected to be able to obtain knowledge and understanding of Business Processes and their applications. Why choose this course?
- Learn how IT plays an essential role in supporting the strategic, operational and tactical needs of domestic and international business
- Study the importance of IT systems to business analysis and intelligence
- Develop your knowledge of system analysis and design, modern database practices, decision support systems and data mining
- Gain a thorough understanding of project, finance and virtual management techniques
- Explore the entrepreneurial possibilities of IT, and discover how the needs of business can offer an enormous range of opportunities
- Challenge your preconceptions of what makes a business successful, and refocus your ambition
- Benefit from a series of talks and guidance offered by inspirational speakers and leaders from a range of business sectors
Areas of study include:
- Databases and Computer Networks
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Mathematics and Concepts for Computational Thinking
- Principles of Programming and Data Structures
- Decision Support Systems and Data Mining
- Mobile Application Development
- Operational Information Security Management
- Systems Development and Modern Database Practices
- Agile Project Management
- Business Analytics
- Creating a New Business
- Information and Data Systems Undergraduate Project
- Research Methodologies and Emerging Technologies
- Social and Professional Project Management
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course