This degree is designed for those looking to specialise in global property investment, finance and business. With a focus on real estate markets and institutions, you’ll develop the competencies necessary to work on both the advisory side and client side for investors. Through applied projects, site visits and visiting industry experts, we’ll equip you with the knowledge of international property markets, finance, valuation, appraisal, real estate economics and real estate management and agency. Who is this course designed for? This course is aimed at professionals and gradates wishing to pursue a career working internationally in the field of property investment and finance, on route to Chartered Surveyor status. It's suitable for prospective students who don't necessarily have a background in property or construction, acting as a fast-track conversion course for those with an unrelated undergraduate degree (or professional qualification) to obtain an accredited route into the industry. In addition, this course is suitable for property and construction professionals working in industry, who wish to operate in international markets. Key Features
- Professional Accreditation | Our course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) enabling you to progress to Chartered Surveyor status after graduation.
- Modern Facilities | Benefit from our inspirational City Campus facilities and learning spaces, located in the heart of Nottingham's city centre.
- Flexible Study Options | Our flexible study options support part-time learners, who wish to balance employment with further study. Significant academic support and guidance is in place to help students returning to study after extended periods in employment, and students who are pursuing high-level study for the first time.
- Destination Study Visits | You'll have the opportunity to go on field trips during your studies. International destinations have previously included New York, Frankfurt, Budapest and Amsterdam.
A wide range of teaching and learning methods are used to deliver the course content. In most modules, you'll take part in intensive sessions of key point lectures, supported by study guides, case studies and other literature. Many modules include presentations by external industry specialists and visits to live sites, to provide a real life perspective on the module content. Previous guest speakers have included Cushman & Wakefield, Savills, the President of the RICS and the Head of Estates for Rolls Royce Industries. Non-contact hours include direct out-of-classroom reading and activities, and independent learning and reading is deemed necessary to achieve the learning outcomes for the course. Core modules
- International Property Markets Analysis: Mechanisms and Structures
- Real Estate Valuation and Appraisal
- International Property Markets Analysis: Analysis and Performance
- Property and Construction Economics
- Real Estate Management and Agency
- Professional and Research Practice
- Real Estate Investment
- Real Estate Funding and Finance
- Postgraduate Dissertation/Consultancy Project
Assessment methods include project work, independent assignments and reports, exams, work portfolios and presentations. Assignments are investigative in nature, enabling you to develop your principles, analyse, critically appraise and evaluate relevant issues, demonstrating your creativity and sustainable thinking.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Surveyors, Royal Institution of
For more information on entry requirements please visit the course page on the NTU website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We have a range of competitive scholarships available. Please visit www.ntu.ac.uk/study-and-courses/postgraduate/fees-and-funding/funding for further information.