Leeds Beckett University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Tourism is constantly expanding to cater for the needs of the traveller and their desire to go further, more frequently and sustainably. This dynamic international tourism management course will keep you up to date with emerging trends and global issues, providing you with the experience and skills required to enter the industry at a professional level. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Gain an appreciation of other cultures and be aware and sensitive to the positive and negative impacts of tourism on communities and local economic development
- Look at the modern challenges faced by tourism organisations, focusing on recent trends and developments so you’re equipped with the skills to solve complex problems and implement plans and solutions to resolve them
- Acquire an understanding of sustainable tourism and development as well as the organisational structure and management of this ever-expanding service sector
- Develop an entrepreneurial approach by working alongside key industry partners to build innovative solutions to real-life business challenges
- Gain an insight into moral, ethical, environmental and legal issues allowing you to make a valuable contribution to the tourism and travel sector
- Have the opportunity to specialise in key areas such as marketing and human resources and learn from world-leading experts in responsible tourism
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Complexities of Tourism
- Cultures, Ethics & Tourism Encounters
- Industry Insights
- Understanding Tourism Experiences
- Management & the Tourism Workforce
- Marketing the Tourism Experience
- Destination Management
- Trends in Tourism
- Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Critical Issues in Tourism
- Applied Tourism Research
- International Tour Operations
- Individual Project
- Tourism Consultancy Ventures
- Strategic Decision Making
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|