This two-year Foundation Degree programme has been designed to enable a multidisciplinary study of Business and Management at a higher level. You will gain a theoretical and practical understanding of Business and Management in a variety of industry contexts. The modules on this course will provide you with the skills and experience necessary for successful employment through a combination of theoretical study and practical tasks. This programme will allow you to enhance your current knowledge and skills in order to develop as an informed Business and Management specialist. Your learning will include lectures, seminars, guest speakers, trips, peer group learning and a series of practical tasks in relation to starting your own business. The programme allows you to study modules such as:
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Leading Change
- Induction and team-building trips
- Opportunity to start your own business through working with Young Enterprise
- Plan and deliver your own Young Enterprise business launch as part of a team
- A chance to gain work experience placements
- Opportunities to achieve additional ILM qualifications
- Study a course that provides you with the essential skills and experience to enhance your employability or prepare you for further study.
- Study in a supportive environment, with a range of services at your fingertips to help you reach your full potential.
- Be a full member of Loughborough Students Union- consistently voted No.1 for student experience.
Year 1 Modules: Customer Care, Work Based Experiene , Leadership, Marketing, Performance Management, Developing Teams and Research and Academic Skills Year 2 Modules: Research Project, Human Resource Management, Finance, Leading Change, Business Enterprise and Business Law
The programme uses a variety of assessment techniques to ensure that you can demonstrate the range of learning outcomes. Subject knowledge and understanding is assessed through examinations, coursework essays, coursework reports, individual or group presentations, written evaluations, debates and posters will be used as other forms of assessment. These also assess a range of transferable skills, including confidence in academic written communication.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We welcome applications from mature students over the age of 21 and may be flexible in our normal offer if you show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience of working within the industry.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£12500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£12500||Year 1|