Communication and media affects everything from identities on social media to global challenges such as 'fake news', political division, and climate change. You’ll gain the expertise to understand, analyse, and produce effective communication strategies. Why Study BA (Hons) Communication & Media?
- Develop a critical understanding of the role the media plays in culture and society, ranging from the rise of the 'influencer' to the promotion of social issues
- Explore communication theories that can be applied across any media platform including narrative structures and audience theories
- Work on live briefs with local charities such as Volunteer Centre Dorset, The Pantry Partnership, GECCO – Early Years Childcare Environment and Dorset Road Safety
- Work at prestigious companies across a range of industries as placement students and graduates – including Nintendo, Adobe, Mercedes, and Walt Disney
- Publish news and features across our student platforms: Fresher Publishing and Nerve Media.
- You’ll be career-ready with 88% of our graduates in employment or further study after 15 months (source DiscoverUni 2023)
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work As part of the first year of your degree, you will study Communication & Marketing | Media & Society | Adaptation | Academic & Writing Skills | Language Matters
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|