- Develop the critical contexts and practical skills to engage with global publishing models across print and digital environments and familiarise yourself with the processes of commissioning, production, marketing, and distribution.
- Equips you to build your career in the fast-changing publishing industry to set up your own innovative publishing initiative with entrepreneurial support from SETSquared Exeter, or to undertake further research in this growing field of study.
- Draws on the teaching expertise of industry professionals and researchers, as well as providing the opportunity for you to undertake a work placement module and pursue either a practical publishing project or research-based dissertation.
- Join and network with a growing hub for the publishing industry and literary community in the South West, as Exeter develops as an UNESCO City of Literature.
- You will develop analytical and creative tools for innovation within and beyond existing publishing structures, with several optional, interdisciplinary modules from English, Creative Industries and Modern Languages departments.
For a full list of compulsory and optional modules please visit our course page.
Please visit our course page for current assessment methods.
How to apply
Our International Student Support can help you with what you need to do before you arrive and when you get here as a new international student. They offer ongoing support throughout your studies whether that be setting up a bank account or arranging healthcare. Our Global Chums Buddy Scheme and our Intercultural Cafe provide opportunities to meet staff and connect with students. INTO University of Exeter provide pre-sessional English courses for international students as well as free insessional support. For more information about entry requirements, bursaries and scholarships and how to apply please visit our course page.
Normally a 2:1 Honours degree, or international equivalent. We consider applications from a wide range of backgrounds, where applicants can provide evidence of a passion for developing a career in the publishing industry. Applications from industry professionals, or applicants with relevant work experience or aptitude in publishing, bookselling or the literary and cultural industries, seeking an academic qualification or the opportunity to enhance your skills or knowledge in this field are also welcomed. For full details, including English language requirements and international equivalencies, please visit our course page.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
We invest heavily in scholarships for talented prospective Masters students. This is in addition to the UK Government’s Postgraduate Loan Scheme. For information on how you can fund your postgraduate degree at the University of Exeter, please visit our course page.
University of Exeter
The Queen's Drive