The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in War Studies & History is an interdepartmental course addressing key elements of war and history. You will approach the subjects from a variety of unique angles including politics, international relations, sociology and strategic studies to develop your critical analysis and independent thought processes. The comprehensive range of study options throughout the course ensures you can choose a diverse variety of modules to create an exciting programme of study. Key benefits
- King's is amongst the world's leading universities for the study of war and conflict.
- Teaching is delivered by leading international experts who work in close collaboration with governments, armed forces and NGOs across the world.
- Frequent guest lectures throughout the year by high profile international speakers.
- Located in the heart of London, giving unparalleled access to government, the media, museums, and major libraries and research institutes.
- We offer a dedicated focus on employability skills, assisting you to careers in defence, foreign affairs, humanitarian aid, risk analysis, journalism, and banking.
- Outstanding flexibility, allowing you to focus on your fundamental interests of war and conflicts in addition to covering key historical events from medieval Europe to modern India.
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Preferred subjects: History A-Level (or equivalent) is generally expected. Applications from those without such a qualification can be considered, where the application clearly demonstrates interest in and engagement with History as an academic subject.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|