**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary: -Gain specialist knowledge of leading-edge aerospace technology.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of engineering principles and theories.
- lectures and seminars
- laboratory sessions
- computer-based sessions
- problem-based and practical, activity-based learning
- group and individual project work
- field trips
- guest lectures
- extracurricular activities
- acting as student mentors
- the Heavy Lift Challenge or UAS Competition – which involves designing and building a remote-controlled UAV model and testing it in a competition
- the SAC (Spaceport America Cup) competition in the USA – where you can work collaboratively with other universities to build a rocket to fly in the event
- Formula Student – where you design and build a race car and test it in a competition
- Engineering Without Borders – a competition to find an engineering solution to a problem in the developing world
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You can take an optional placement in year 4. Year 1 - Compulsory modules Aerodynamic Principles Aerospace Materials And Manufacturing Processes Aircraft System And Avionics Applied Engineering Mathematics Electro-Mechanical Engineering Practice Principles Of Solid Mechanics And Dynamics Year 2 - Compulsory modules Aerospace Numerical Methods And Applications Aerospace Structures And Dynamics Computer Aided Manufacture And Engineering Control And Instrumentation For Aerospace Professional Practice Thermofluid Dynamics (Aero) Year 3 - Optional modules Placement Year Year 4 - Compulsory modules Aerospace Structural Integrity Aircraft Design Aircraft Flight Mechanics And Simulation Engineering Project Management And Individual Project Propulsion Systems And Aerodynamics Final year - Compulsory modules Advanced Aerospace Computational Methods Advanced Vibration And Acoustics Applied Fatigue And Fracture Mechanics Astronautics And Space Propulsion Flight Stability And Control Lean Operations And Six Sigma M.Eng Group Project
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Mechanical Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
• Foundation - pass from our Extended Degree Programme Engineering and Mathematics, dependent on academic performance, or from another suitable science or technology foundation course containing an appropriate level of mathematics, with an overall average mark of at least 75 per cent We welcome applications from people of any age. We may be flexible in our normal offer if you can show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience. This must show that you will benefit from and finish the course successfully. Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that the information provided on this web page relates to 2023 courses and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.|
If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.