Birmingham City University has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Want to become a civil engineer with construction manager skills? Study our BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering and Construction Management at Birmingham City University. The BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering and Construction Management course aims to develop graduates with a broad understanding of current technology and practice in civil engineering and construction management, covering the relevant aspects of civil infrastructure, systems, design, analysis, and construction management skills. Our Civil Engineering course with a Professional Placement Year gives you the option to complete one-year of work experience in the industry after your second year of study, so that you graduate with both knowledge and experience in your chosen field. This course is designed to meet the requirements of relevant professional bodies, and will give your career in civil engineering and built environment. You will study in a simulated workplace environment. This experience, and our outstanding industry links, will give you a competitive edge, enabling you to progress to a successful career when you graduate. You will also develop the key transferable skills that modern employers require, such as problem-solving, project planning, presentation and communication. Our strong links to industry enable you to apply your learning to problem-based scenarios, ensuring your intellectual and practical competencies are fully developed. What's covered in the course? The course will cover a wide range of Civil Engineering sub-disciplines (structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, civil engineering materials, and environmental engineering). In addition, the course covers different construction management aspects such as health and safety, sustainability, BIM, contracts, project management, and commercial technology. The curriculum is practice led and cultivates problem-solving skills, improving communication through effective real-life project work, work experience, and cases. Team working on real life scenarios develop professional competence and prepares students for employment opportunities and career development. Why Choose Us?
- Professional placement option – Gain employability skills with the option of a professional placement.
- Study in the heart of the UK's second city - Some of the UK’s most exciting infrastructure projects such as HS2, are taking place right on our doorstep.
- Strong industry links - The course will enable you to apply your learning to problem-based scenarios, ensuring your intellectual and practical competencies are fully developed.
- A well-established provider - The faculty has a reputation as the West Midlands' chief hub of knowledge, technology and skills-transfer into industry. The course is supported by dedicated teaching staff and expert industry speakers.
- State-of-the-art course facilities - You will be based at our Millennium Point campus in City Centre, where our facilities have undergone a £6.5 million investment to provide you with the best learning experience.
- Travel Scholarships - Opportunities to secure funding to gain experience overseas. Read about travel scholarships here.
- We are an Autodesk Training Centre (ATC) -This national and international recognition will give you access to on-campus training by certified Autodesk instructors, providing you with digital skills that will be highly sought after by employers. Autodesk applications play an important part in supporting the digital transformation of Architecture, Engineering and Construction.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Millennium Point Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no less than 5.5 in any level|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birmingham City University
15 Bartholomew Row
Clearing contact details
0121 331 6777
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiries Team
0121 331 6295