If your dream is to work with young children, this in-depth course gives you the understanding of early years education you need, fully preparing you for a wide range of careers or the move on to teacher training. Our Early Childhood Education BA (Hons) equips you with all you need to know about how children develop in learning and thinking in their early years (0-8 years): early-years curricula; inclusion, special educational needs and disability; and early literacy and numeracy. It also covers leadership and management in the early years and the role of adults in a child’s education and care. Across the three years, you explore your individual interests through guided study and independent research. You also undertake placements and voluntary positions in early childhood settings to embed your learning and increase your employability when you graduate. Why choose this course
- Study the latest innovative practices in early childhood education and care, supported by an experienced academic team, actively involved in research in their fields
- Gain experience through a series of placements and a strong focus on employability
- Take the course over four years and include a fee-free year’s placement in the industry, gaining experience and making contacts for the future
- Learn the academic skills you need to analyse research, policy and practice in the field as well as a critical understanding of national and international perspectives
- If you need a step up into a degree, start with a Foundation Year which guarantees you entry to the Undergraduate course
Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course