Overview Illustration is a visual language, and has a relationship with the text that it addresses. Each half of the partnership has different moves, but they have to work together. At Worcester, you can be part of the global picture. With our emphasis on international collaboration and real-world experience, you will have the opportunity to develop your ideas and your portfolio, and will also have every chance to show them off in public exhibitions. Industry links with major illustrators and publishers from around the world, such as Axel Scheffler, means you can be a part of the international illustration community from day one. Key Features
- 100% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2020
- Work to real-world briefs provided by professional publishers
- Home of the International Centre for the Picture Book in Society
- Award-winning lecture staff have extensive experience as professional illustrators
- Opportunities to exhibit your work nationally and internationally. Field trips within the UK and overseas
- Celebrate your achievements and showcase your talent with our final year Degree Show, housed within the state-of-the-art facilities in The Art House and share your work with top industry professionals
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.